Our experienced dental hygienists administer ultra-gentle, yet ultra-thorough cleanings to help you maintain healthy and attractive teeth and gums. A typical cleaning may include:
- Plaque removal: This sticky film that forms on the teeth is a combination of bacteria, food and saliva. If plaque is not cleaned frequently from the teeth, it can cause tooth decay and inflammation of the gums, which will eventually lead to gum disease.
- Tartar removal: Tartar forms when plaque has been left on the teeth for a long time and becomes hard to remove. Your dental hygienist will use a special instrument to remove the tartar from above and below the gum line.
- Microsonic scaling: A microsonic instrument is used to quickly and gently break up and wash dental plaque and tartar off the teeth.
- Flossing: Your dental hygienist will thoroughly floss between each tooth to remove plaque and food particles that brushing may have missed.
- Teeth polishing: Over time, teeth can become stained from coffee, sodas, tea and certain foods. Your hygienist will complete your dental cleaning by thoroughly polishing your teeth to help minimize stains and brighten your teeth.
After a thorough cleaning, you’ll leave our office with a smile that looks and feels significantly healthier.