We are proud to provide comprehensive dental exams as part of our preventive care program. A dental exam is typically performed for all new patients during their first visit, as well as during regular checkups. Your exam may include:
- Taking and reviewing dental x-rays: This step is important for the early detection of tooth decay, bone loss and other abnormalities, as well as assessing the positioning of the teeth.
- Exam for tooth decay: Each tooth is thoroughly checked for signs of decay. Dr. Fong uses a state-of-the-art tool called DIAGNOdent to help detect even the smallest areas of decay at very early stages. As a result, he is able to better monitor the health of your smile and preserve your teeth.
- Gum disease evaluation: An essential step to check for signs of periodontal disease.
- Check of existing restorations: Your dentist will examine any fillings, crowns or other dental restorations to ensure that there are no problems with them.
- Oral cancer screening: A careful check of the mouth, lips, tongue, throat, and gums for symptoms of oral cancer.